Just being thankful…. Again. Anyone who knows me knows that visits from my father stress me out. When we visit him he needs times and dates and an agenda to what is planned. When he comes to me, I get non of that. But this weekend was different. This weekend I realized that I am so lucky and I love it.
In my past I do not leave boyfriends alone with my father. EVER!!! Most didn’t like him after they were left alone with him. The first few times my father was “alone” with Nick I freaked out and made my stepmother talk to my father about playing nice.
But now, I don’t worry. They went golfing.. With people… but without me and I didn’t even blink. They went fishing, with people.. But without me… and I didn’t get nervous. And Sunday night it hit me. My dad likes Nick. Stop the presses people….. You heard me…. He likes Nick.
But better then that… Nick likes my dad too. (even knowing all his flaws) Nick hung out with my dad and entertained this weekend. He cooked and he hung out. He smiled at Grace being adorable and even received a kiss nu-night before going to bed.
It hit me Sunday that somehow, im not sure how, but somehow he fits in this crazy family I have. Somehow, he still likes me after a whole weekend with them and somehow seems to have a good enough time to talk about it at work with the guys.
Yeap… I am thankful today for a few reasons. But mostly for not having a douche bag boyfriend. He makes all the others look like losers. And I am thankful he is mine and that I took the leap I did with him. Funny how things work out.
In my past I do not leave boyfriends alone with my father. EVER!!! Most didn’t like him after they were left alone with him. The first few times my father was “alone” with Nick I freaked out and made my stepmother talk to my father about playing nice.
But now, I don’t worry. They went golfing.. With people… but without me and I didn’t even blink. They went fishing, with people.. But without me… and I didn’t get nervous. And Sunday night it hit me. My dad likes Nick. Stop the presses people….. You heard me…. He likes Nick.
But better then that… Nick likes my dad too. (even knowing all his flaws) Nick hung out with my dad and entertained this weekend. He cooked and he hung out. He smiled at Grace being adorable and even received a kiss nu-night before going to bed.
It hit me Sunday that somehow, im not sure how, but somehow he fits in this crazy family I have. Somehow, he still likes me after a whole weekend with them and somehow seems to have a good enough time to talk about it at work with the guys.
Yeap… I am thankful today for a few reasons. But mostly for not having a douche bag boyfriend. He makes all the others look like losers. And I am thankful he is mine and that I took the leap I did with him. Funny how things work out.
No comments:
Post a Comment