Thursday, June 16, 2011

The Next Blog Button

So, I sat here. Thinking to myself, 5 followers. To me, that’s just fantastic. 5 people who see daily that “Imperfect as perfectly possible” wrote something. Not that I write more then a rant or rave, or more rant then rave, but someone out there is listening and or reading. Not bad.
So, I started reading what other people where writing other then the few I follow as well. I hit the “Next Blog” button. Within moments I was in tears. Blog after blog of some of the most amazing stories I have ever heard. Families who adopted, families who lost children, families who adopted because the couldn’t have children and then had children. Amazing stories. And I continued to be lost in the cyber world of blogging to read more. See picture of people that I do not know. Pictures of their families and pets that make their world what it is. I have read teenagers blogs about independence and discovery. Again, I wish at such a young age I could captivate an audience with the ability to write. (because I can not)
I use my blog as a venting/screaming outlet most days for the moments in my life that I can not say out loud. I use it to calm down and reflect on. And yes, I re-read my own blogs all the time. I think in my head how I misspelled something, forgot a word, didn’t complete a full sentence. All the things I do not worry about when venting. I look back at the people who basically produced that moment for me and I think how they really don’t matter enough for me to be so angry. And the again, I always hit the “Next Blog” button and read the emotions of others.
Sometimes I find one, just like mine. Someone out there yelling about something, someone, a day, a moment that flipped their world upside down. And I think “well that sounds familiar” or a blog about a devoted mom. One who is the taxi, the mom, the coach, the artist, the best friend, the wife and I think “I know one of those too” and I read.
I don’t want to pry on people that I have no connection to. But some of these stories make me start from the first blog they ever wrote. They make me want to know them. Sometimes I think, I wonder what would happen if I wrote to this person daily. Explained how amazing they are and that somewhere, in this big world, someone is listening and enjoying their story. The good, the bad and the ugly. How shocking it would be when they realize that the “Next Blog” button brought me to them and read about them. How weird would it be if I received something like that. How weird it would be to know someone, anyone, is out there, looking at my page, my blog, my pictures. Weird… right?
Yet, I hope that no one catches on, to me, crying over the words that they quickly type before dinner, or the recap of the day when all is still. I wonder. How many people have thought this same thing, and still, hit the “Next Blog” button.

No comments:

Post a Comment