Monday, May 23, 2011

FAMILY IS FAMILY.... PERIOD THE END

For those of you that do not know this. You do not need to be blood related to be family.
“Friends are the family we choose”
I have a amazing extended family. One of which is almost six. And if you tried to tell her that I am not HER auntie I am sure she would set you straight. And here is the kicker folks who don’t get it. I met her mother through a friend “technically” and when I wasn’t really friends with that friend anymore, Jen and I stayed friends. Reagan stayed my kid.
Just because you stop loving someone or have a fight with a friend does not mean you stop being friends with everyone you met through them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously, what are you… in high school where all your friends stop being friends over something as stupid as a fight or break-up! Hello! The real world doesn’t work that way. And if you think that it should then well, you are seriously cracked in the head.
If you think that you can control me being friends or not being friends with someone, or control someone to not be friends with you….. YOU HAVE CONTROL ISSUES! But I am sure that isn’t the first time that you have heard that. The world doesn’t revolve around you, and if it, then maybe this wouldn’t matter because you wouldn’t lose friends or relationships and have to throw fits every time you don’t like something. Not that anyone that matters really cares how you feel. Because here is the kicker…. IT ISNT ABOUT YOU!
I have plenty of family that isn’t family. And that’s NEVER GOING TO CHANGE. At least not because someone else doesn’t like it.
Not to mention, the friendships and so on, that continue after “break-ups and fights” happen….. Yeah the relationship is usually stronger because now those people don’t have to pretend you are something you arent. You know…. Like NORMAL.
Disagree with me all you want on this. But it is never going to change. Not over someone as controlling as you. Not to mention, I know a six year old you has no problem explaining when some people are family even though they are NOT.
You realize it is sad a six year old gets it but you don’t…. right?

No comments:

Post a Comment