Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Simple

There are days that I sit back and think of all the things that I think are perfectly wonderful with my life and in my life. Amazing friends and wonderful times spent day in and out with them, a family that I wouldn’t trade for the world, a pup that has filled a small space in the void I pretend daily doesn’t exist and even the tiny things, such as a lost penny heads side up.

Most days the only things I ever write about and or share are the negative moments and things that just make me sick. The things that make me realize that I am a grown up and that sometimes are just silly and to be honest, just unacceptable. But those things come with growing up. Those things come with being an auntie and thinking how soon middle schoolers will be highschoolers. Highschoolers with facebook pages and blogs of their own. Able to see what I do and say. Babies who will one day hear a family story about something and Google my name. I fear those days.

Today though, I am grateful. Not because anything special happen or because I will soon be leading a non exciting life with the holiday second job. (yes, that it coming quickly)

Today I am just thankful for the wonderful things I take for granted most days. I am thankful for it all. And just wanted to share that I am.
xo

1 comment: