Friday, September 24, 2010

A simple click

So, I did it. I made it through the first moment and I made out ok. It wasn’t my ideal situation and I could have done so much more with a different setting. But, you work with what you got. Kids are easy. It takes so little for me to get that picture, that moment, that smile or look of pure angelic sweetness that makes all moms say “that is perfect” and even dads saying “I have to have that!” That stuff is the easy stuff. To me it is watching kids be kids.




Doing on site photography is so much more fun when I make a whole day out of it. And let the kids just play. In a puddle or a fountain. Or just running back and forth with all their energy exploding out of their tiny feet. Or even when they are just kind to one another.





Sometimes, when I am editing I just look at what I caught. What was funny and sweet and perfect. I remember the first time it clicked in my head. I remember the first time I made a mom cry, and I remember the first time Jen Had me take pictures of the girls. I felt so, so nervous and excited that the student was showing the teacher what she was taught.

It was something deeper then just making them smile and playing. It has been since the day it clicked for me. And it is what I want to do for the rest of my life. There is something in the feeling, the moment, the look that some gives you when the picture is perfect. And that is a feeling that I hope follows me into this new journey and more challenging photography.

Like the first kiss... or the rings and even the cake




I hope I get it right over and over again.

1 comment: