Wednesday, August 11, 2010

This is bigger then you and me!

This is probably going to shock some people. Maybe even to the point where people are going to want to voice a strong opinion for or against what I want to do. I have been thinking about this for about two weeks now and I know that there is much more I need to learn about and really think about for myself before I even begin the process that will go along with this. Once I have researched this and really thought about the choice I am making, then I will have to go through a very intense process and medical review. But, I have done a lot of reading so far and I think that I am ready to start talking about this with people and getting their opinions on this.
I want to donate my eggs. I have thought about it and I am not sure if I will be able to. From what I have read I should be able to and I am in the age bracket that they would want. I wont know what I help, I will just know that I will help someone who really wants a child.


Things that I have looked into and thought about:

1. What if they can fix me someday?
That doesn’t change the fact that I could be helping someone who really wants a child too and doesn’t have eggs to produce.


2. Will you want to know that egg?
No, in my eyes I am just helping someone. I cant explain it. I see my child as something I made with someone else. Part me and part someone I love. I don’t see the egg my child.


3. It’s a lot of work and time!
It is, and I am sure that there will be affects (infertility isn’t and effect from what I have read..it is a possibility but not something that will happen) and I can not right now have a baby. And years ago I said that after a certain point I would not want to start having children. (my choice.. No one elses…I have my reasons)


4. What if the family that uses the eggs sucks?
The way I see it, these people are willing to pay thousands of dollars for something they really want. They are willing to go through the hormone therapy and the drugs and the waiting to see if it worked (multiple times) to have there child. They have been through classes (that all people should be required to take before having children) and really evaluated if they are ready for this. I don’t think they will suck.


There is a lot more that I have thought about and I think I really want to do this so I am setting up and appointment to get more information and see what steps I need to take to do this (possibly a few times)
And truly make a difference in someone’s life. I know this is huge and I know that its not something I can start and then say I don’t want to do this. I want to do this and I think that I have already made up my mind. Basically, I am going to see if I can and if I can I am.

2 comments:

  1. WOW. I need to digest this. WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so here's the thing. You don't need my opinion. You are a big girl. You have thought this out. You know what you want. Who do I think I am that I think you need me to tell you if I think this is ok or not...

    ReplyDelete