Monday, November 14, 2011

Being the "Bad Guy"

So here I sit, after the first parent teacher conference. Trying to think how I stick to a grounding after hearing such great things. But, the fact is, that we were lied to. That I was lied to. That what was should have been done wasn't and still has not. The worst part is.... I could have been so much more of a bad guy. Because not only were we lied to, but a rule was broken and he though he got away with it. Being somewhat smarter then a 14 year-old (at times, not always) I was the one who discovered the broken rule. I could have, on top of the grounding that has taken place, told the teacher what I found and then he would have to face the music at school as well. But, I didn't. Part of me wants to make it so that he has to tell them, give him a day and then email the teachers and see what is said. Yet, at the same time, I feel very torn. This is the first grounding and that I feel is a big thing in this house since he has not had this happen, nor were we the ones that made the punishment. He did. Yet, of course, I was the one who had the conversation. The one who had to talk to him. The one who came up with the idea that he tell us what he should be punished from. And he agreed TV and phone for now. I said that we would start with a day. If when we got home, the things that he needs to get done are not done, then he would add another day. If five days passed then I would make the call to mom and nanny and ask that the plans for this weekend be re-done to show that we are all a team and that we are not Alicia and Daddy against everyone else. Yet, when he spoke to his mother on the phone he would not explain why he was grounded or for how long or how this came to be. So here I am, thinking that I handled this pretty good and kinda cool, and he wants to explain to her in his own words without us around what "really" happen and why. And when she then called Nick to get answers, he was himself and didn't really give her a ton of answers. SERIOUSLY! So not only do I look like a jerk but now I look like a jerk and the "bad guy"!!!! If I have said it once I have said it again<<<< BEING A STEP PARENT SUCKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment