Thursday, August 25, 2011

Sometimes Your Just Wrong


Sometimes I have a really hard time with people. I am sure that they have a really hard time with me too, but sometimes I think that people start to use their mouths more then their ears and it drives me crazy. My father has a wonderful saying that goes “people have two ears and one mouth, yet the ratio at which they are used is completely backwards” and I believe he is right. Sometimes being the person who listens is better off then the person who knows or has the advice because they have been there. Sometimes what you see as being a struggle or difficult others find easy and less complicated then they thought.
Lately I feel as though I am surrounded by people that want to give the advice, the facts, the opinions and the thoughts on things that “they know”. do not get me wrong here, I believe that they went through or are going through situations or events in their lives that they are sharing their experiences with. I should be thankful. The other people I hear getting the advice should be thankful. Yet, I find myself annoyed. I find myself mad and irritated with these people who want to say, this is how it is or how it will be.
I know that everything comes with experience, but isn’t everyone’s experiences different from one to another? Telling my that the 14 year old living in my house should be like one way, when the child you are using as a comparison is nothing that I would want this 14 year old to be. Why would I take that advice or listen to you? When pointing out how hard something is going to be for someone when it was not hard for you, how is that a good example? Or if your opinion of when and how something should happen or how it should be, is not someone elses idea of this, then why should they think you are right?
I have always been cautious of who I listen to and want to be like. I have always tried to see both sides of something (doesn’t always work but I do try) and think that it why someone is the way they are. But lately I cant seem to get past it anymore. I see and hear and watch these things and I want to say out loud, shut up! Or be super mean and ask them why they came to that idea or set of rules or even advice when they themselves didn’t take it. Why someone should feel like that? Clearly because you felt like that?
I feel like I am stuck, and that the people around me talking aren’t ever truly listening anymore. That some of the people I looked at as friends and family, really are the farthest thing from it. Yet I stay attached to these people in some way or another only because I do not know how to leave them.

No comments:

Post a Comment